We fell for the fabulous curved arms on this vintage 1930s chair. The birch woodwork has been sanded back to its natural state and buffed so the grain of the wood can now be appreciated in full glory.
The purple herringbone ‘Harris Tweed’ compliments the pale woodwork beautifully.
The chair has been stripped back to the frame and fully restored and upholstered using a combination of traditional and modern techniques and materials.
– Original hardwood frame
– Natural buffed birch wood arms
– Chair seat: Sprinng base retained; foam cushion
– Chair back: Jute webbing, hessian, horse/hog hair stuffing, cotton flock wadding, polyster wadding
– Top cover fabric: Purple wool – ‘Harris Tweed’ – herringbone
– Dimensions: 96cm H, 62cm W, 59cm D
– Seat: 45cm H
– Upholstered in Sheffield, UK.
Price – SOLD
Interested in this chair? You are welcome to come and visit and try out the chair for comfort – no obligation – we want you to be happy with any purchase. All our chairs live in Sheffield.
To arrange a viewing or to have a chat about any of our chairs just email us at email@example.com or use our contact form or telephone Laura on 07964894569, whatever’s easier with you.