This fabulous 1950s reclining armchair has been completely restored and reupholstered using some stunning psychedelic 1960s vintage Heals fabric designed by Colleen Farr. The chair’s ‘show wood’ (arms and legs) has been sanded back and oiled revealing beautiful beech wood grain, the chair arms are really shapely adding to the overall visual appeal.
The chair back has 3 reclining positions for extra comfort. The original seat cushion contained an interior spring unit which has been retained within the new cushion, this design of cushion is the ultimate for comfort and long life. All the tension springs on the base of the chair have been replaced with new.
All in all, this is a stylish and funky little chair which has the added bonus of being a comfy recliner, what more could you want?
– Original hardwood frame
– Natural oiled beech wood arms and legs
– Chair seat: New tension springs; new interior sprung cushion (original spring unit retained)
– Chair back: Jute webbing, hessian, coir hair stuffing, cotton flock wadding, polye ster wadding
– Top cover fabric: 100% cotton vintage Heals ‘Cloister’ designed by Colleen Farr – printed and woven in England
– Dimensions: 83cm H, 64cm W, 73cm D
– Seat: 42cm H